This is something real and smart that YOU can do about Climate Change, right now.
We all know we need to do a lot more to fight Climate Change. The urgency of acting right now can't be overstated. But, it's hard to know what to do, and hard to find a smart leverage point in such a huge system. That is exactly why we created the Hero Hatchery - it's something you can do, right now, to tackle Climate Change in a positive way.
Here's the plan: crowdfund a fellow (this year's fellow is the amazing Lauren Wood), train her (through Massive Open Online Trainings), break into the mainstream (we're already well on our way with an endorsement from Al Gore, national press etc.) and build enough pressure to put a price on carbon.
But, we need YOU to fund this year's fellow so we can start trainings in January, followed by coordinated actions with partners orgs and amazing, creative disruptors like the Yes Men.
Help us show the world that tackling Climate Change is an opportunity, a once-in-a-generation, win-win-win that goes beyond left and right and directly to the core of what a healthy world looks like.
Thanks for your support!
- Ryan, Amanda and the Hero Hatchery Team
Your support will enable us to:
1. Create a recognizable face of the climate movement. Hand picked after a nation-wide search, Lauren Wood is an incredible front line organizer, co-founder of the prominent climate justice organization Peaceful Uprising. When not fighting climate change she is a server in a restaurant. The money we are raising will support her directly.
2. Open source the incredible intelligence and tools of the climate movement, via Massive Open Online Trainings (MOOTs). We are booking the world's most effective agents of change, and making their knowledge available to all, for free. Have a suggestion of a real world-changer, and know them personally? Email us and let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Hire a top-notch PR team to leverage our work and bring thousands more into the movement.
4. Elevate Frontline Campaigns. Heroes come from whole communities and networks. We want to support the most impacted communities and give them the attention their courageous work deserves.
Here is how to help:
1. Contribute to the campaign. Every dollar we raise goes to support our fellow and build a bigger megaphone so we can reach more people. (All donations are tax-deductible)
2. Tell us why you care. What was your ‘a-ha’ moment? Share it on our Climate Hero blog.